Type: Backcountry or Sidecountry
Still a fairly steep open run that could potentially slide on the wrong day. But, overall, a good quick run that can be lapped from the parking lot in 30 - 45 minutes if you are quick!
Need to Know
This run is very close to the road, but still has all of the dangers as the routes up high.
- Carry all of the proper gear, transceiver, shovel, probe
- Park at First Creek on the Winter Park side of Berthoud
- Follow the skin track heading south, paralleling the road heading toward the North Ridge
- Trail is in late season, might not be in early season
- This is a steep skin, normally will never enter into the east side of the Parking Lot Glades
- After hitting the ridge, you can see Highway 40 and the Second Creek trailhead
- Typically if the skin track is put in, the Parking Lot Glades will be the first drop in off the skin track on the right side
After Finding Parking Lot Glades:
- Drop in is fairly simple, steep wide open or trees (depending on your choice) on the top right
- Very simple to ski back to the parking lot or back to the skin track for another lap
Shared By: Kevin Gillest