Bujakan Mountain: Ski Trail
ElevationAscent: 0' 0 m
Descent: -2,508' -764 m
High: 9,157' 2,791 m
Low: 6,649' 2,027 m
GradeAvg Slope: 21% (12°)
Max Slope: 62% (32°)
Popular ski lines nearby
Mount Teghenis: West Summit Ski Trail
2.7 mi 4.3 km • -2,157 ft Descent • -657.57 m Descent
Mount Ara: South Ski Trail
2.5 mi 4.0 km • -2,749 ft Descent • -837.76 m Descent
Mount Ara: North Ski Trail
2.0 mi 3.2 km • -2,028 ft Descent • -618.17 m Descent
Gorge of Gegharot
4.8 mi 7.7 km • -2,855 ft Descent • -870.17 m Descent
Mount Aragats (2,795m), West to Town Aparan: Ski Trail
4.1 mi 6.5 km • -2,659 ft Descent • -810.38 m Descent
Ampasar Ski Track
3.1 mi 5.0 km • -3,819 ft Descent • -1163.92 m Descent
Navigate on-trail with our free app
“Numerous skiers visiting Armenia have traversed this trail and were very pleased with the quality of the snow.”— State Tourism Committee Republic of Armenia
From the top of the climb, the ski line heads slightly south down the slope of Bujakan Mountain. The top portion is steep but on a sunny day, the wide open slope makes for an enjoyable descent. The mountain is located at an altitude of 1,965-2,806 m above sea level, and the best time to visit is from January to April.
If you have extra time when heading for Bujakan Mountain from Yerevan or vice versa, you can visit the Surb Astvatsatsin Church and the Holy Cross Church. The Surb Astvatsatsin Church (Holy Mother of God Church) in Yeghipatrush Village was constructed between the 10th and 13th centuries. There are several khachkars (cross-stones) from the 7th -8th centuries found near the church. During construction, tombs from the 3-2nd millennium BC, were found and opened, near the village of Yeghipatrush, on both sides of the gorge. Clay pots and jewelry from the period were also found nearby. The Catholicos of All Armenians, Yesai A. Yeghipatrushetsi (ruling between 775-788), was born in this village in 696, and later the village was named after him.
The Holy Cross Church is situated in the town of Aparan, in the Aragatsotn region. It was built at the end of the 4th century, and was renovated in 1877. The church received its name due to the relic of the Lord True Cross kept there. This chapel functioned until the 40's of the 20th century, even during the Soviet times.
Skied this ascent?
We need help with the following missing ascent information:
Overview, History & Background
Is something wrong? Let us know. Have photos to share? Help fellow skiers know what's here.