Trail Guide information incorrect and confusing

Original Post
Ian Bohannon 1 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 116

Looking through the Trail Guide page, it looks like the number of trails for each area is incorrect.  

Looking at the main page, it says Alaska: 2 Featured ski lines and 6 Ascents, however when I click on the Alaska page, it now says 8 trails in the Alaska range, 7 in Interior Alaska and Denali, and 8 in Southcentral Alaska.  

When I click on the Southcentral Alaska page, I see stats on the lines at the top of the page, but I see no list of trails anywhere.  Scrolling down to the map, I see a spot with 8 trails, but the list on the right of the map its only showing 2 lines and 0 ascents?

Going back and looking at the California page it looks like that has the same issues, but going deeper, High Sierra says 11 trails, clicking on the link it shows 6 trails in Tahoe and 1 trail in Sugar Bowl.  Same issue with the map at the bottom.

On a side note, the page layout on these pages seems really confusing.  It seems like the map is the most useful way to get to the trail pages, but its hidden at the bottom of the page underneath the REI articles.  I think the map should be higher on the page, maybe underneath the line stats or under the area list.

Tom Robson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 593

Hey Ian,

Thanks for passing this along. The area pages you're looking at right now are very roughly drawn, and honestly they need to be refined. As it stands now, the areas overlap so much that they're associating lines to both areas. As for the clusters (the numbers in the orange circle), those are also based loosely on the areas I described above. Hopefully we can bump improving these area pages closer to the top of our priority list soon!

Cheers,

Tom

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply